- A perennial grass that forms loose-dense tufts (with slender rhizomes)
- Small seeded, common grass with attractive branching seed heads
- Leaves are a recognisable greyish-green to blueish-green colour
- Used a lot in amenity scenarios (ideal for turf production due to creeping ability, sports and landscaping)
- One of the more palatable and nutritious meadow grasses for grazing livestock. Can be used as a bottom grass.
- Benefits include; high wear tolerance, average-high disease tolerance, low thatch, good cold & hot weather tolerance etc
- Found naturally in the UK, in many different scenarios. Common in old meadows, pastures, roadsides, wasteland, shady areas etc. Grows best on free draining fertile soils.
- Usually requires a pH of 5.5-7.2
- Flowers May-July
- 10-90cm in height
Smooth Stalked Meadow Grass Seed (Kentucky Bluegrass) (Poa Pratensis)
Quantity (Savings on the more you purchase)